The staff of Sugar Land Surgical Hospital wants to thank you for choosing our hospital for your surgical needs. We understand that your physician and you have a choice in scheduling your case. We are dedicated to ensuring that your visit is as comfortable and pleasant as possible by utilizing the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting.
What To EXPECT Before Surgery
- A staff member will contact you prior to your visit. This will ensure that your pre-operative instructions and tests are complete and your financial matters are addressed before surgery.
- We understand the anxiety family and friends will have while you are having your procedure. We will make every effort to keep them informed of your progress and when they will be able to re-join you after the procedure.
- Our staff will keep things moving on time. We realize that time is a precious commodity for you, your family and your surgeon. We are constantly measuring and monitoring our performance and processes to ensure that we do not waste your valuable time.
- We will handle your financial matters properly and professionally. We will work with your insurance company to expedite your claim for the charges from your procedure. Please remember that your physician fees are separate from the surgery center fees.
- Our staff will provide you high quality, professional service. We believe that providing high quality care and service consistently requires a constant focus on improving the processes that we use every day.
What To DO Before Surgery
- Arrange for an adult to drive you home and someone to be with you if your doctor scheduled you to go home following your surgery.
- For your own safety and protection, you will not be allowed to drive after surgery when any sedation, nerve block or general anesthetic has been administered. Organize your health insurance cards. Please make sure you have a copy of insurance card(s). Our staff will need to verify and make a copy of the card(s) when you check-in on the day of your surgery.
- Follow the EAT or DRINK limitations. Your physician or a hospital staff member will provide you instructions for the limitations of food and drink your particular procedure will require. Please follow these instructions. Your surgery may be cancelled if you do not follow the required food and drink limitations. Do not bring valuables with you to the hospital.
- Jewelry is best left at home as you cannot wear it into the operating room. If you wear glasses or hearing aids, please bring them with you as it will assist you in participating in your care.
- Follow the Medications requirements. All patients taking any medications will be provided instructions for the medication requirements by your physician or a staff member. Please be prepared to list all medications you are taking and bring them with you (e.g., inhaler, insulin, blood pressure medicines) that you may need during your stay.
These documents are provided for your convenience to fill out in the comfort of your home. These forms require your signature prior to surgery. Please print, complete, and bring with you on or before your date of service. Duplicates will be available at the hospital. Note you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these documents.PATIENT FORMS PAGE