Dr. J. Michael Bennett is one of the most highly respected orthopedic surgeons in the Greater Houston area, specializing in the treatment of shoulder, elbow and knee disorders, as well as cartilage repair and restoration.
While completing his sports medicine fellowship, Dr. Bennett served as assistant team physician to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the University of Miami Hurricanes and the Florida International University Golden Panthers. He has gained a vast amount of experience, covering football, soccer, basketball, baseball, lacrosse and other sports, and is skilled at both preventing and treating a wide variety of sports injuries.
Areas of Specialty
- Orthopedic surgery
- Cartilage repair and restoration
- Sports Medicine Fellowship, UHZ (Uribe, Hechtman and Zvijac) Sports Medicine Institute, University of Miami, Miami FL
- Orthopedic Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- General Surgery Internship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Medical Degree, The University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
- Masters in Public Health Program – Occupational Medicine, The University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology/ Zoology, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Board Member, American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Knee Surgery, Arthroscopy and Orthopedic Sports Medicine
For more information or to make an appointment with Dr. Bennett, please call (281) 633‑8600.