Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital First Colony accepts most major commercial insurances. We are committed to working with your doctor, insurance provider and employer to provide you full access to our health care services. In addition to accepting cash, checks, and credit cards, we offer a variety of payment options to suit your needs.
CareCredit® is a credit card issued exclusively for use in paying for your health care expenses. You can apply for a CareCredit® card to cover the facility portion of your bill at participating surgical facilities.
- Depending on the cost of your procedure and the options offered at your surgical facility, you may choose between 6, 12, 18, and 24 month special financing options on qualifying purchases of $200 or more.*
- To apply for a CareCredit® credit card Click Here
- Contact us if you have any questions.
*Subject to credit approval. Minimum monthly payments required. See provider for details.
MedDraftTM is a patient auto-draft program through which you can set-up monthly payments for the surgical facility portion of your bill.
- Valid checking account number, credit card, or debit card must be provided to the facility upon acceptance of the program. This card/account will be charged/debited each month until the fulfillment of your facility bill.
- Payment can be spread over a maximum of 6 months will include a fixed payment amount.
- There is no interest for this payment plan.
- To learn more from MedDraft’s website Click Here.
Seasonal Financing Plan: (Offered at participating facilities)
The Seasonal Financing Plan is a delayed auto-draft program offered at participating surgical facilities in January and February to assist with the facility portion of your bill.
- This option is available to all patients covered by insurance products (excludes self-pay)
- No payment for 60 days and up to 6 months no-interest monthly payments for the facility portion of your bill.
- A valid checking account number, credit card or debit card must be submitted to the surgical facility.
Hospital Pricing Information
New guidelines established by the United States Department of Health and Human Services require hospitals to place a list of their standard charges on their website. This includes the hospital’s standard charges for each diagnosis-related group (DRG). A DRG provides a way to categorize the type of patients a hospital treats and covers all charges associated with an inpatient stay from admission to discharge.
We understand that the costs of care can be confusing. A comprehensive list, generally referred to as the hospital’s “chargemaster,” includes the standard charges established by the hospital for individual services and supplies provided, and may be accessed below. The hospital’s average charges for each DRG also may be accessed below. The payment amounts that hospitals receive for patient care do not necessarily reflect the prices on either the chargemaster or the hospital’s average DRG charge.
If you have private insurance and are interested in understanding what your “out-of-pocket” costs may be for care you receive at the hospital, we encourage you to contact your health insurance company because it is in the best position to help you understand your healthcare financial obligations. For patients with Medicare or Medicaid, or patients without insurance, you may contact the hospital’s patient financial services department for estimates or additional information.
Please click here to access the hospital’s chargemaster report:
First Colony-Charge Master consolidated2
Please click here to access the hospital’s average charges for each DRG:
First Colony Average DRG 2018
For any assistance regarding this information, please contact our business office at: 281-243‑1000 option 3.