Thank you for trusting Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital – First Colony for your surgical needs. We are dedicated to ensuring that your visit is as comfortable and pleasant as possible by providing the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting.
Below is some basic information to help you better understand what to expect during your stay with us. If you have any questions, please review our FAQs or give us a call at (281) 243-1000.
We strive to make the admission process at Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital – First Colony as efficient as possible. To help ensure a fast, easy admission, we ask that you bring the following with you:
- Completed Patient Registration Forms and Pre-surgical Wash Instructions.
- X-rays or other imaging studies related to your current condition
- List of all medications you are currently taking
- Your insurance card
- Picture ID (required)
- Co-pay, coinsurance or deductible amounts, if applicable
For Your Safety
During your visit, many staff members will ask you the same questions several times. Some of these questions may be your name, birthday, allergies, name and description of your surgery, medications, and name of your physician. Your safety is the top priority of all members of the healthcare team at Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital-First Colony.
Before Your Surgery
When you schedule a procedure at Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital – First Colony, our staff goes to work ensuring that everything is ready well in advance — from medical tests to your pre-operative instructions to your financial arrangements. Our goal is to lay the groundwork ahead of time so that on the day of your procedure, you can focus on a successful outcome and a fast recovery.
Before the day of your surgery, a staff member will contact you to ensure that:
- You have received all pre-operative instructions from your surgeon
- Any necessary tests are complete
- All insurance and financial matters are in order (Note: Please remember that physician fees are separate from surgery center fees)
Day of Surgery
- Follow all pre-operative instructions from your surgeon, especially any directions regarding medications, food, drink, and tobacco.
- Make sure that a friend or family member is available to drive you home.
- At times, it can be cool in our waiting room, please bring a sweater or dress warmly.
- Bring your photo ID, insurance card, and documents with you (see Admission Process above).
- Leave all jewelry (including body piercings), watches, and other valuables at home.
- If you wear glasses or hearing aids, please bring them with you so that you can participate fully in your care. Do not wear contacts.
- Bring comfortble clothing to wear post-opertatively.
- Inform your Pre-op nurse of any changes to your medications, recent medical problems or infections.
We understand the anxiety family and friends will experience while you are having your procedure. Our staff will make every effort to keep them informed of your progress and allow them to re-join you as soon as possible after the procedure.
After your surgery
After your surgery is complete, you will be moved to the recovery room, where our nurses will monitor your recovery progress.
For more information about the patient services available at Memorial Hermann Surgical Hospital – First Colony, please call us at (281) 243‑1000.
- Your surgeon will update your family and friends on the outcome of the procedure, and they will then be allowed to join you in the recovery room.
- When you are ready to leave the hospital, your recovery care nurse will provide you and your family member with post-operative instructions regarding diet, rest and medications.
- After you return home, one of our staff members will call to check on you and see if you have any questions about your post-op instructions.
- If an emergency arises, call your doctor or the hospital immediately.